In a recent survey of 1,000 holidaymakers, luxury holiday website www.holidaysplease.co.uk found that 64% of holidaymakers are not sure of the weather statistics that they have read prior to going on holiday.
Despite over 90% of people saying that they checked the likely weather prior to travelling over half were left unsure by the answers they got. The most common reasons for confusion were:-
1) Getting conflicting statistics from different weather websites
2) Difficulty in working out whether certain number of millimetres of rain was a little or a lot
3) Not knowing whether sunshine hours included periods of weak sunshine/light cloud cover
4) Having to translate temperature figures in unfamiliar metrics. For example Celsius into Fahrenheit and vice versa.
5) Finding that graphs did not have clear statistics next to them.
6) Not knowing whether the statistics had been taken from a place near to where they would be staying.
In view of this www.holidaysplease.co.uk has set up an area where real travellers can leave real reviews of the weather they experienced on holiday. This allows future holiday travellers to easily visualise the weather they are likely to get in easy to understand language. Long gone are the days of having to get out your calculator and thumb through pages of statistics!
These weather reports can be found at:-
Already over 500 people have submitted reviews with the most popular being for destinations such as Mauritius and the Maldives.